Explore Baja California’s rugged desert aboard your own Jeep Wrangler. Your destination is “La Candelaria” a small oasis village in the middle of the desert.
After being assigned your 4x4 Jeep you will set out across the desert in a caravan following your local guide. Along the drive you will be shown some of the local flora and fauna that is found all over the Baja. There are several working ranches along the drive where you will see herds of cows and goats roaming the roads. Keep your camera ready as there are many photo opportunities.
Your exploration will take you to “La Candelaria” where you will be served a delicious snack and a local drink at the local boarding school, which is home to approximately 75 students during the school week. A portion of your ticket cost will be used in the purchase of supplies and materials for the school.
A short walk will also be made to the working ranch of Don Jesus, where he and his family have lived for many decades. Don Jesus is a skilled artisan specializing in the fabrication of wooden furniture. A visit will also be made to his neighbor, Lorena, who is an artist specializing in ceramic pots and water color paintings. As her works are in high demand there are not always samples available for viewing.
In your Jeeps, you will continue your exploration down one of Baja’s largest river washes until it reaches the Pacific Ocean. Once at the beach, you will be given some free time to explore the beach for shells or just relax and watch the waves crash upon the shores. Your return trip to the pier will be along Baja’s famed Highway #1.
- Vehicles driven are with manual transmission. Automatic transmissions are not available.
- All vehicles are four wheel drive.
- Minimum age to drive vehicle is 25 years old.
- Guests wishing to drive must present a valid drivers upon departure.
- Total drive distance is about 45-55 miles. Total drive time is about 2 hours, with 1.5 hours being off road.
- Route and destination contained in tour may vary depending on local weather conditions.
- Signature on liability rental waiver is required before participation
- Time behind the wheel will vary depending on the number of participating drivers in each vehicle.
Tour length: 4.0 hours
Min-Max: 7-16 PAX
Snacks and drinks included
Activity Level: 4-Extreme